Winter package add ons

One option that prados can come with is a winter package. This includes heated fuel filter, idle up, dual batteries, etc.
If you didn't get lucky... You can add these things on.

I'm doing just that, and will show how as time goes on.

Comments

• Looking forward to seeing it. I think there's also under seat heaters on some models?

• Heated seats were definitely part of the package.

I started with the easiest. IDLE up. If you look behind the switch blank down below your steering wheel on the RHS, you should see several wiring harnesses. One of these is for the IDLE UP, which appears in some markets. This sends a signal to the ECU to bump the revs to 1200rpms, when not moving. Handy when warming up in the cold, OR running heavy electrical loads at idle, such as winches, AC, etc.

So, you don't have the option? Simple. Buy the switch. (Used at this point, since Toyota seems to be sold out worldwide). Find the harness under the dash. Plug the switch in. Done. When you start to roll, the engine will readjust to normal again, until you come to a complete stop again, when it will bump up to 1200 again. To it off, simply press it again. Easiest mod you ever made.

• edited April 2020

That 'd come in handy for winching or my occasional snow chase trips. I suspect I would need other parts like 88031 ACTUATOR SET, IDLE-UP..?

• It is handy when winching but I have to break it to you Glen, this one is a 1kz-te trick (1kd has similar but not quite as versitile). Fly by wire has some advantages. On the petrol, you could use a mechanical hand throttle from the 80 series petrol or wire up your own to hook into the ISC.
    Looks like Pin c20 (connector E8) looking at the wiring diagram. If there is already a pin present in the connector, you want to find the wiring harness behind the lower switch blanks on the drivers side of the car. I had to buy a pin and run my own wire to the ECU. It wants a momentary switch but a non momentary switch will work but to turn on or off requires 2 presses.

This ECU pinout is 90 series 1kz but this may change before/after June 2000 and is different for 120 series. Not all 1kz came with the wiring harness over to the drivers side of the dash.

Further info here (120 series pinouts in pictures)
    https://www.pradopoint.com.au/forum/-120-series-discussion-only/engine-diesel-120-series/5609-easy-idle-up-control-1kz-te